1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hail Guest Stratics will be brought down at 12 p.m. EST on Janury 8th in order to preform a server migration and updates to our software. Please read this post for details: REMINDER MAINTENANCE TOMORROW 12 P.M. EST [NOON EST]
    Dismiss Notice

Rares Fest 24 hour notice: Looking for Airpod, Formosaxfer, Gangsta Gear, Jon Snow

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by BrianFreud, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

If you placed bids using any of the following names, please contact me ASAP.

Airpod (no contact info provided)
    Formosaxfer (has not responded to ICQs)
    Gangsta Gear (has not responded to ICQs)
    Jon Snow (no contact info provided)

These 4 names placed a combined total of 8.57b in winning bids in Captn Norrington and my auction houses.

You have until 5 pm eastern tomorrow to contact me, else your bids will be voided, you will be marked as non-paying buyers, and the items will be reauctioned.

2. PoTTy MouTh

Governor

@DarkLotus[FL] look at this, one of these guys bid me up and now hes not paying for his items. Errrrrrr

3. Archnight

Archnight Legendary Crusader
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Supporter Kingdom Reborn [2.0]

Wow 8.5b worth of stuff, sorry to hear that Brian. Didn't you guys say though that you had already contacted Gangsta Gear? It's a shame when stuff like this happens... :(

4. Zandor

Zandor Lore Keeper

So will this stuff go back up for auction if they don't pay?

Aquarius likes this.
  5. DarkLotus[FL]

DarkLotus[FL] Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Fallen Lords

well that's a low thing to do who bids in a auction on something that they cant afford. but at least its going back up for auction

6. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Stratics Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter The Valorian Knights

The previous post mentioning Gangsta Gear being contacted just meant that we located his icq number and sent him a message (to two different icq numbers he uses). No response at all from either of them unfortunately.

7. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Stratics Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter The Valorian Knights

Yes, probably here on Stratics.

Since the buyers didn't pay for their final bids, we have no way of knowing whether all of those people's bids were fake or not. Due to that it would be unfair to ask the 2nd highest bidder to pay for their bid since the fake-bidding could have driven the price much higher than it normally would have been.

Zandor and Archnight like this.
  8. Money Bags Mcgee

Money Bags Mcgee Lore Master

@CrAzY J is gangster gear on Atl. This is a different shard and possible imposter so take that with a grain of salt. But I'd still pm him.

9. Qikdraw

Qikdraw Sage

Is the stuff still on Sakura on display? Or has it moved to Atl?

10. Qikdraw

Qikdraw Sage

There was quite a few people bidding on items just to get the buyer to pay more. I saw one person even bragging about it after an auction was over. Pretty sure a couple of people did that and ended up winning. This group of people may, or may not, have been part of that. But also real life steps in too and these guys may have had something in real life that is far more important than games. Likely we'll never get a true answer.

11. Aquarius

Aquarius Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, if these things are not paid for, Id like to see what they were so I can drool. Come on, you know I never have gold! :Begging:

Zandor likes this.
  12. Zandor

Zandor Lore Keeper

Yes I totally agree that it would be unfair to go with the 2nd highest bid. Thanks for being transparent and using great wisdom in deciding how to resell these items "IF" these people don't come thru. I have actually dealt with Jon snow but for the life of me can't remember who or what his icq name is.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  13. Zandor

Zandor Lore Keeper

You never have gold? Must be nice to only have platinums!! :D

Aquarius likes this.
  14. Zandor

Zandor Lore Keeper

I'm guilty of bidding on stuff I can't afford all the time. Ask @Restless or some of the other folks I bum gold off of! But I do pay when I win, even if it's with someone else's gold!!! :hula:

Aquarius and DarkLotus[FL] like this.
  15. BrianFreud

@Qikdraw and @DarkLotus[FL] , I did not see much of that in the boards themselves for lots other than the ones these folks won.

To answer the question, yes, as Captn Norrington said, if these winners do not come forward, our plan is to re-auction these items. I can't add a poll to this thread, but would folks rather see a re-auction held on the forum, or in-game at one of the auction houses?

Aquarius and DarkLotus[FL] like this.
  16. Siabra

Siabra Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

at the auction house pleaseee

17. MrUber

MrUber Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

on forum rather than chance more bs bidding ,, and definately set a standard of who can bid (no visitors etc)

PoTTy MouTh likes this.
  18. DarkLotus[FL]

DarkLotus[FL] Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Fallen Lords

but at least its getting paid for ya know =D

Zandor likes this.
  19. Zandor

Zandor Lore Keeper

I personally love a good live auction!! BUT... The time would be a big consideration, and also what if the people who were actually bidding on these items couldn't make it? I think if it's a live auction, providing there is a need for it since they still have time to pay, then you should do what the people who were outbid on these items want to do. They were the ones that got screwed in this situation. And hopefully they choose live auction!!! We all know I miss the end of pretty much every stratics auction. Just my 2 pennies!

20. Aquarius

Aquarius Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Oh say you will! If I had Platinums, Id would be owning everything! Bwhahhahaha! <-- Best evil halloween type laugh.

Zandor likes this.
  21. Aquarius

Aquarius Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Im fine either way. JUST TELL ME in ICQ Pls where and when. Id like a shot. You know I watch my daughters baby so im not always on PC anymore. But your message or anyones message who is willing to tell me I will get. Not that you have to. Merely a request :please:

Zandor and BrianFreud like this.
  22. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Are the items going to be reauctioned?

23. BrianFreud

The sellers have another 44 minutes to contact me, then yes.

24. BrianFreud

25. CrAzY J

CrAzY J Seasoned Veteran

Hello all today is my first day back computer fried and I been away for a month and a half and I deffinitly was at no festival making bids wortrth 8.75b lol I don't even have a b LOL. But Seriously this wasn't me, deffinitly a imposter wanting something against me , but I deffinitly wasn't logged on, Even ask messanna to check it out, last 2 months my account wasn't even activated

Captn Norrington and BrianFreud like this.