1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hail Guest Stratics will be brought down at 12 p.m. EST on Janury 8th in order to preform a server migration and updates to our software. Please read this post for details: REMINDER MAINTENANCE TOMORROW 12 P.M. EST [NOON EST]
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you crash?

Discussion in 'Pinco's UI' started by Tabin, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Tabin

Tabin Seasoned Veteran

Just curious, how often does everyone experience a client crash? I'm wondering if it is just me or everyone. I crash probably once ever 2 hours and its usually mid fight. I'm running Pinco and I can't imagine life without it so mad props for creating such a great UI. I can only imagine the amount of hard work put into it.

I remember running Pinco's two years ago and I didn't crash this much...maybe I need to delete all my files and start fresh? If so, what is the best way to go about this? I got a new computer so it is a fresh UO install. I tried to use my old character profiles off my old PC, but it was bugged out, so I delete those and and created new ones so I doubt just deleting character profiles will fix the issue. Are there any other files that I should be deleting or maybe just do a full reinstall?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did you just delete the profile for the character or the whole folder in my documents called "ea games"?

3. Tabin

Tabin Seasoned Veteran

I only deleted my individual character profile. If it is safe for me to delete the whole folder called "Ea Games", I'll give that a shot!

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's what I do when I get problems. It will rebuild itself when you load up the game again. You will have to setup each character again from scratch though. That's the only downside.

5. Tabin

Tabin Seasoned Veteran

Awesome! I'll try that when I get home tonight and keep my fingers crossed. You da' best!

6. whitesmith

whitesmith Lore Master

I used to crash a lot! Until
    I uninstalled the game.
    Deleted folders.
    Restarted
    Ran registry cleaner.
    Restarted
    Ran Regedit
    Found every entry for uo, Ultima online, Pinco, enhanced client, ea, electronic arts... Plus minus a few.

Reinstalled

Made macros from scratch.

Reduced my crash rate by at least 90%

Tabin likes this.