1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hail Guest Stratics will be brought down at 12 p.m. EST on Janury 8th in order to preform a server migration and updates to our software. Please read this post for details: REMINDER MAINTENANCE TOMORROW 12 P.M. EST [NOON EST]
    Dismiss Notice

Using a fermentation barrel

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Trithemius, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Trithemius

Trithemius Visitor

hi all, I've recently got a fermentation barrel but I'm struggling how to begin fermentation it says I don't have enough fruit or yeast how many do I need to start the process

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You need 1 yeast, found on orcs. I'm not sure what the different yeast do, if anything.

You also need 4 fruit per bottle of brew you want to make.

And, you need to use your character with an appropriate skill to have a chance of getting anything out of it. I forget whether it's alchemy, cooking or both. Every batch I tried with a character that wasn't my cook/alchemist went bad.

Tamais and Lord Arm like this.
  3. Sir Osis of Liver

Sir Osis of Liver Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You need a character with both alchemy and cooking in order to be sure of it working. You also need a resistant yeast. The best yeast to use in the barrel is one that is ++. go kill orcs til you get a ++ yeast then have a cook alch start the fermentation process.

Tamais likes this.
  4. Callise

Callise Journeyman

So is that a 4:1 ratio per bottle or 1 yeast in barrel regardless of number of bottles?

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

#4 Callise, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Tamais likes this.
  5. Sir Osis of Liver

Sir Osis of Liver Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If i remember right you only need the one yeast no matter how many fruit you put in it.

Tamais and Callise like this.
  6. Trithemius

Trithemius Visitor

Okay for all looking for this.

1. Ensure your character has a decent level of both Alchmey & Cooking
    2. Open Barrel like a container
    3. Place in 1 Yeast ideally ++ however + will do
    4. Place in the fruit you require apples, grapes, peaches, pears, and plums. 4 fruit per bottle so for example i wanted 100 bottles so i placed in 400 peach. (Tip- place the fruit in the container in batch's of 100) for some reason 400 at once didnt work
    5. Enter context menu and begin Fermentation.
    6. Wait a day and hey presto 100 bottles of your chosen drink.

it will add you a year, you just need to name it. for example Dom Perignon Peach Wine 2017

Hope this helps as i have had issues finding this infomation

7342 and Tamais like this.